19 Nov Welcome to Bridge House
Water Cuts A New Path In Home Design
Surrounded by nature and spanning a small stream, the aptly named Bridge House makes an undeniable statement: Modern living and the natural environment don’t need to be at odds.
Situated in Los Angeles’ Hancock Park, a neighborhood just south of Hollywood known for its architectural history, the Bridge House started as the brainchild of architect Dan Brunn.
Over the course of two years, Brunn worked with a network of innovative partners, including global water treatment company Pentair, to bring the house to life. The finished home is a testament to a new way forward in residential design.
Image 1: Stretched across a stream bed in urban Los Angeles, the Bridge House reflects architect Dan Brunn’s vision to create a home that seamlessly connects to nature.
The Story Behind Bridge House
Raised in Tel Aviv, Brunn developed an early appreciation for the city’s Bauhaus-inspired architecture and focus on sustainability.
“Water is very important and rare,” he said in a video interview. For Brunn, it was important that the Bridge House “use the water that’s on-site and available, and in the most clever way possible.”
That’s where Pentair came in, helping the architect bring his vision to life with a whole home water solution to help ensure the water is managed as smartly and sustainably as possible, both inside and out.
Image 2: Bridge House effortlessly connects indoor and outdoor living.
From Bridge House to Your House
The same Pentair products throughout the Bridge House can make your own home more sustainable, including:
- A whole-home, point-of-entry water treatment system to filter and soften your home’s water, helping to protect your fixtures and appliances from corrosion while providing you with cleaner clothes, spotless dishes, and even softer skin and hair.
- A reverse osmosis water filtration system to deliver cleaner, better-tasting water right from the tap for drinking and cooking.
- Durable water disposal pumps to protect your home from flooding and unwanted water.
Plus, Pentair’s touch-screen controller gives you easy access to all the most important water-saving features of your home at your fingertips.
Image 3: In the kitchen, reverse osmosis technology delivers cleaner, great-tasting water.
The Modern Swimming Pool
The Bridge House also demonstrates how Pentair has modernized the home swimming pool with automated, energy-efficient systems:
- Filtration, pool cleaning, and ultraviolet sanitizing technologies keep pool water sparkling and clear with less energy and less chlorine.
- Hybrid heating technology lets you choose between dual or hybrid mode for fast, efficient heating.
- The variable-speed pump adjusts automatically depending on the needs of your pool. Plus, it’s ENERGY STAR® certified and runs whisper-quiet.
- Smart automated technology allows you to easily manage pool and spa features, including multicolor LED lighting, temperature, chemistry and water quality, from anywhere in the world.
“You don’t want to be running a really strong pump all the time,” says Brunn. “We’re able to program the right flow at the right time with the right noise level. It’s seamless and amazing.”
Image 4: The infinity pool and spa experience is made easy and enjoyable with automation and smart, energy efficient systems.
More To Explore
Pentair is proud to be a part of this incredible project. Explore the full line of residential water solutions for ways you can improve the quality and sustainability of your own water.
Article contributed by Pentair. From residential and business solutions that help people move, improve and enjoy their water, to sustainable industrial applications, Pentair makes the most of life’s essential resources.